Am I Eligible
We create comfort, clarity and peace of mind for those coming to start a new life in Nova Scotia.
Our Promise to You
We provide support and information to ensure you arrived prepared. We do this through one-on-one consultations to understand your unique needs and settlement goals. After this consultation, a pre-arrival plan is created to identify the services and programs you can take to support your journey.
We support you with information and personalized guidance to provide you with valuable resources to support your settlement journey. We do this through providing comprehensive settlement resources for obtaining things such as health cards and banking information. We orientate you to life in Canada and specifically Nova Scotia, your new home.
We provide you a human connection throughout your settlement journey. Our Nova Scotia Start settlement services provide you a human touch through working directly with our staff to facilitate your settlement journey. We engage not only you but your whole family to uniquely tailor a plan with them in mind.
Check my Eligibility
Who can participate in Nova Scotia Start?
- Permanent residents and Canadian citizens born outside Canada
- Nova Scotia nominees - foreign nationals and their dependents who have been nominated
- International graduates who have applied for permanent residency
- Temporary foreign workers who have applied for permanent residency
- Protected persons, as defined in Section 95 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Individuals and their dependents waiting for statutory Citizenship and Immigration Canada checks
Eligibility to participate in Nova Scotia Start?
You can participate if you have one of the following:
- a Letter of Nomination from the Nova Scotia Office of Immigration
- a letter from Citizenship and Immigration Canada indicating individuals awaiting statutory CIC checks
- a letter notifying pick up of Canadian visa
- a Canadian visa (but have not landed in Canada yet)
- a Permanent Resident card
Get a head start on your new life in Nova Scotia with the resources and tools you need.